- You visit, interact with or use any of our websites, social media pages, Mastek mobile apps (where linked to this Cookie Notice), online advertisements, marketing communications (our “online Properties”).
- You use or purchase Mastek products and services (including mobile apps) that have been deployed by one of our business customers, such as your employer (our “Services”).
This Notice explains what these technologies are and why we use them, as well as your rights to control our use of them.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or use an online service. Cookies are widely used by organizations in order to make their websites or services work, or to function more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information. There are two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are stored in temporary memory, not retained after an end-user’s browsing session ends and do not obtain information from the end-user’s device. On the other hand, persistent cookies persist on the end-user’s device in the browser’s subfolder and are activated again once you visit the site that created the particular cookie and remains for the duration period set within the cookie’s file.
Cookies set by the website or service operator are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than the website or service operator are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies typically enable certain third party features or functionality to be provided on or through websites or services (such as, advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognise an individual’s computer both when they visit the website or use the service in question and also when they visits certain other websites.
WHAT COOKIES DO WE USE AND WHY?
There are three types of cookies that we may use:
- Required cookies: These are cookies, also known as ‘essential’ or ‘strictly necessary’ cookies, that are required for technical reasons in order for the online Properties and Services to operate. Without these cookies, the online Properties and Services would not be able to function. We want you to understand these required cookies, and why we use them, but we don’t need to get your consent to use them on our online Properties and Services as we use these cookies only to provide you with services or information that you have requested.
- Functional cookies: These cookies may be used to enhance the performance and functionality of our online Properties and Services; to manage your preferences; to analyse and personalize your use of, or to generally help us better understand how, our online Properties and Services are being used. We think that these cookies will improve your experience when using the online Properties and Services but are non-essential to their use. As such, you may disable these cookies as set forth below, however please be aware that, without these cookies, certain functionality (like videos) may become unavailable.
- Advertising/ targeting cookies: These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. You may disable the use of these cookies through our cookies tools preference settings or alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com to disable use of these cookies.
What similar technologies do we use?
Cookies are not the only way to recognise or track users of our online Properties and Services. We may use other similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels” or “clear gifs”) to track users of our online Properties and Services. These are tiny graphics files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognise when someone has interacted with our online Properties and Services, such as opening an e-mail that we have sent them. The use of web beacons (or similar technologies) allow us, for example, to monitor the traffic patterns of users within our online Properties and Services, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our online Properties from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, to improve our online Properties and Services, and to measure the success of e-mail marketing campaigns. In many instances, these technologies are reliant on cookies to function properly, and so declining cookies will impair their functioning.
We and our service providers and third parties we collaborate with, including ad networks, may use cross-device/cross-context tracking. For example, you might use multiple browsers on a single device, or use various devices (such as desktops, smartphones, and tablets), which can result in your having multiple accounts or profiles across these various contexts and devices. Cross-device/cross-context technology may be used to connect these various accounts or profiles and the corresponding data from the different contexts and devices.
Mastek tracks and analyses both individualized usage and volume statistical information related to your use of our online Properties and Services. We also partner with third parties (such as advertisers and ad networks) to display advertising on our online Properties and/or to manage and serve advertising on other third party sites.
What are your rights?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies (apart from those that are required or essential mentioned above).
You can exercise your preferences in relation to cookies served: (i) through our cookies tools preference settings ii) by setting or amending your browser controls as described below or iii) you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to disable use of these cookies.
- Disabling most Interest Based Advertising: Most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of interest based advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com.
- Opting out of tracking via your mobile device: If you are using a mobile device, you can opt out of having your mobile identifier used for certain types of Interest Based Advertising, including those performed by us, by accessing the settings in your Apple or Android mobile device and following the most recent published instructions. If you opt-out, no further data collection or tracking will occur. This means that if at a later stage, you decide to opt-in, we will not be able to continue and track you using the same ID as before and you will for all practical purposes be a new user to our system.
- Do Not Track: Some Internet browsers – like Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari – include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. Since uniform standards for “DNT” signals have not been adopted, our online Properties do not currently process or respond to “DNT” signals. Mastek takes privacy and meaningful choice seriously and will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
Opting out of third party analytics