Chatter posts in Salesforce can be logged as Cases by using the managed package Chatter-to-Case. This helps the user to log a Case just by posting the # tag with some keywords. To experience this feature, install the managed package in your SF org and grant access rights to all users when prompted.
Steps to configure the Chatter-to-Case functionality.
- Add “Chatter” as a picklist value for the Case Origin field.
- Create an active Case Auto-Response rule.
- Add a rule entry to respond to all cases where Case Origin equals “Chatter”.
- Display Case Origin URL to get fast navigation to the original post, by adding the field to your page layouts!
- Tailor the app with your own vocabulary by adding picklist values to Case Origin Hashtag, and it is instantly recognized by Chatter-to-Case!
The picklist values can be any value specified by the user. Once the configuration steps are complete, users can post in Chatter with the # tag along with the picklist value and the description.
Post a comment on the chatter using the # tag and the picklist value and it gets logged as a Case.
The chatter post gets logged as a case and will be available in the Subject and the Description of the case.