Mass Reassign is a tool to reassign the team members of Account and Opportunity teams. This feature is available only for Accounts and Opportunities. An account team is a team of users who work together on an account to track collaboration of account-related activities easily.
Enabling Mass Reassign Account Teams
To enable, Mass Reassign Account Teams for your organization,
Go to setup [Symbol] Quick find [Symbol] Account Teams [Symbol] Check Account Teams Enabled[Symbol] Select page layouts for which the Account Team related list should appear [Symbol] Click save
Enabling Mass Reassign Opportunity Teams
To enable, Mass Reassign Opportunity Teams for your organization,
Go to setup [Symbol] Quick find [Symbol] Opportunity Team settings [Symbol] Check Enable Team selling [Symbol] Select page layouts for which the Opportunity Team related list should appear[Symbol] Click save
Before using the Mass Reassign Account Teams tool, the prerequisites to be followed are:
Prerequisite 1: Setting up team roles
Based on the requirements, create the type of roles to be a part of the team. By default, Salesforce provides certain roles.
If new roles to be added,
- Go to setup [Symbol] Quick find [Symbol] Account Team [Symbol] Team Roles [Symbol] Click New button
- Enter one or more picklist values.
- Click Save to get the picklist values reflected in the Team roles list view.
Prerequisite 2: Setting a Default Account Team
Often, we may work around the same team for many accounts. Instead of adding each team member every time, a default account team can be created.
To set up default team,
- Home page [Symbol] My settings [Symbol] Personal [Symbol] Advanced user details [Symbol] Default Account Team [Symbol] Click Add
- Specify the team member from the lookup field.
- Specify the level of access for Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities and Cases.
- Select the team role from the picklist values.
- Click save
- For Default Opportunity Team, only the access level for Opportunities is available
- The role that is mentioned while creating a User account is completely different from the Team role.
Prerequisite 3: Creating an Account Team
An Account Team can be created for an account by two ways:
- Go to Accounts [Symbol] Create a New record or select an existing record [Symbol] Related lists[Symbol] Account Team
- Click on the Add button to add the team members for the account record.
- Click on the Add Default Team button to automatically add the team members to the account record.
Mass Reassign Account Teams
Once the Mass Reassign Account / Opportunity Team is enabled, it can be accessed through Data Management section from Setup or in the Tool section at the bottom of Account / Opportunity tab.