Mass Update + Mass Edit + Mass Delete is an Unmanaged Package Application which is used for performing the Multiple updates, edit, and delete operation at a time. This application is available in the AppExchange Marketplace. It is specially Developed the Salesforce platform. This application works great for Standard Salesforce objects.
We can use this button for both Standard and Custom object records from the list View, Search View or Related records. We can extend its functionality with our Custom objects and fields also.
Extend the Mass Update + Mass Edit + Mass Delete feature to Custom objects by creating a list View button. We can reuse the code which is used for standard Mass Update/ Mass delete/ Mass edit buttons. Follow the below steps:
- Go to Setup[Symbol] Leads/Contacts/Accounts/Opportunities [Symbol] Button and links[Symbol]Go to Mass Edit/ Mass Update buttons and copy the code.
- Update the code to work with custom objects and custom fields.
Let us see how this AppExchange application works:
STEP 1: Install the Mass Update + Mass Edit + Mass Delete App.
- In App-exchange, click on the “Get It Now” button from the Mass Update + Mass Edit + Mass Delete and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Next, we should log into our test (or) developer org using an administrator account. Then, click the Continue button.
- During the 2-Step package installation process, we will click next and accept all the defaults. Optionally, we can grant access to more than the admin group during step 2. During Step 3, leave the “Ignore Apex test failures.” checkbox unchecked. Then click install.
- Once the installation is complete, click on the “View package Contents” as shown below.
STEP 2: Add the Mass Update /Mass Edit/Mass Delete button in List view.
- Add the Mass Update/ Mass Edit/Mass Delete button to the all Standard objects
(if needed). In our scenario, we are adding the buttons to the “Account” object
Select the Setup[Symbol] Customize[Symbol] Search Layouts [Symbol]List view[Symbol]Edit the view [Symbol]
Add the Buttons.
Click the “Edit” option and add the buttons to the list view.
STEP 3: Perform the Mass Update /Mass Edit/Mass Delete operation.
- Once the buttons are added, click the “Go” button in list view of Account Object
Now we can perform the Update, edit, delete Operations.
- Let’s click the “Mass Update” button for updating the values in multiple records in the Account object.
Step 1: Select the field to be update in the Account object.
Step 2: Provide the value for that corresponding field.
Once the values are entered, click the “Done” button. All selected records’ field will be updated with new values.
Let’s click the “Edit” button for editing the values in multiple records in the Account object.
After the Mass Edit Button is clicked, it shows all the field values of the selected records in the Account object. Now, we can edit/add the values in the corresponding fields and click the “Save” button.
- By using Mass delete button, we can delete multiple records at a time.
- The selected records are deleted from the Account object.
Mass Update + Mass Edit + Mass Delete is a simple and user-friendly App. It is used to do mass update/edit/delete operations quickly in Salesforce by saving a lot of time.