The Process Builder is a new workflow tool that helps automate the business processes by providing a user-friendly visual representation with point-and-click efficiency. The Process builder consists of criteria that determine when to execute action groups—whether to execute the actions immediately or in the future when those criteria are met. Furthermore, the process builder gives the advantage of various automated processes, like creating a record, updating a child record when the parent record is updated, sending an email, posting to Chatter, and submitting for approval.
Steps to create a process to update child records when the parent record is updated:
1. Under Build section
NAVIGATE TO CREATE –> WORKFLOW & APPROVALS –> PROCESS BUILDER
2. Click New
3. Enter the Name, API Name and Click Save
4. Click Add Object, choose Object, specify when to start the Process, and Click Save
5. Click Add Criteria, enter the Criteria Name, Filter Conditions, and click Save.
6. Click Add Action, and select the Action Type as Update Records.
7. Select the object, set the Object Variables, and click Save.
8. Activate the process, by clicking the Activate Button.
When an Account object’s Shipping Address is updated, all its Contacts’ mailing address under the Account get updated.