Use Salesforce Marketing Cloud WhatsApp Chat Messaging to extend your Omnichannel experience. Use the Contact builder to manage your recipients. Use the Content builder to create, view and personalize your content. Use Journey Builder to send messages to your customers as part of the purchasing process.
WhatsApp encourages its customers to work with an official solution provider to use the WhatsApp Business API. Marketing Cloud has partnered with Sinch, an official WhatsApp partner, to help you create a WhatsApp account and channel, and approve message templates. Sinch’s chat messaging setup is integrated with the Marketing Cloud AppExchange platform.
Why Marketing cloud needs WhatsApp?
- We have received feedback from brands looking to use WhatsApp to engage their customers in international markets, including Latin America, Europe, and Asia.
- Once instant messaging is configured, you can use Content Builder and Journey Builder to personalize and deliver messages to your audience.
- Enterprise and Corporate Editions customers can purchase this feature after February 16, 2021. Contact your Marketing Cloud account manager for details.
What Use Cases does it Provide?
- Use Case – Salesforce Bots
- When a case is created or closed in Salesforce, a programmed WhatsApp or SMS text will go to the client
- Pre-constructed formats (like email layouts) are accessible in the applications to send messages to your WhatsApp clients.
- These applications accompany pre-constructed highlights like single message, mass messages, sending messages from work process or cycle developer, and so on
- No advancement endeavors required.
- Efficient and simple to arrange.
- Cost of messages looks high (yet the general costs engaged with this technique are exceptionally low contrasted with the API joining strategy)
- Extra venture explicit highlights should be mentioned from the App engineer.
- In the event that you register for a SMS short code, anticipate a long holding up period. Transporters require as long as 12 weeks to endorse short code provisioning.
- Abbreviate joins with Mobile Connect, Content Builder, or Journey Builder as it were. Assuming that you utilize outside strategies to abbreviate joins, Marketing Cloud cannot follow measurements.
- Utilize the Channel-Object Linking (Beta) to interface the client’s WhatsApp Messaging User record to their Salesforce Contact record.
- Speak with clients through WhatsApp progressively or in offbeat discussions for as long as 24 hours after the client’s last message.
- Store informing history in Service Cloud to use in later commitment.
- Ordinary Governor Limits inside Service Cloud do not have any significant bearing to this arrangement.
- To speak with a client over 24 hours after the client’s last message, WhatsApp expects organizations to utilize supported Outbound Messaging Templates. This format message should be sent from Process Builder or Flow.
- To remain beneath information stockpiling limits, keep contact information in Customer Relationship Management. Just get different information on a case-by-case basis.
How to Integrate?
To onboard, contact your Marketing Cloud account executive or click Download in Journey Builder WhatsApp activity. You must have app installation permissions to complete this step. There are a few steps to complete before you can start sending WhatsApp messages.
- Create a WhatsApp Account: Create a WhatsApp account to link with Facebook Business Manager. WhatsApp must approve your account, which takes approximately 2–3 business days.
- Create Your Channels: After your account is approved, you can create brand channels to chat with your customers. Channels also require WhatsApp approval, which takes approximately 2–3 business days.
- Create Message Templates: To send transactional messages, create template messages in the Chat Messaging Setup App. Template messages require WhatsApp approval to ensure that promotional content is not sent.
- Create a WhatsApp Audience: WhatsApp requires explicit consent from your contacts for template messages.
- Create Your Messages: Create and personalize your message in Content Builder. Choose from your approved template messages or create session messages, which do not require approval. Session messages are free-form responses to user-initiated conversation.
- Send Your Messages: Use Journey Builder to send your WhatsApp messages. Drag the WhatsApp activity onto the canvas and configure the rest of the customer journey. To send session messages, add the new Inbound Chat entry source to the beginning of the journey.
- Analyze Your Data: You can view your message delivery rate in Journey Builder and get bounced message reports in Automation Studio.
Latest functionalities like sending WhatsApp messages through Salesforce Marketing cloud makes our life easier so as our organization. MST specializes in CRM customization and configuration, complex integrations, marketing automation, and enterprise architecture. I hope you find this article helpful.