In Summer ’16, Salesforce released many new interesting features for Chatter and Files in Community templates. This article takes a tour on the new release features of Chatter and Files in community templates.
- Insert Inline Images in the Publisher
We can add images in rich text editor, when asking questions in Community.
To try this, please follow the below steps,
i) Click [Ask A Question] button in Community
ii) Once you clicked the ASK A QUESTION button, a box for Question and Details will be shown. You can upload/choose the image by clicking the [image] in the rich text editor.
- Page BreakAttach More Files to Your Posts
Up to 10 attachments can be added to post. When we click that little paperclip to add files to your post, we have options to upload files or select from Community. Salesforce will show how may files have been selected so far.
- Set Profile Visibility in Communities
Users can edit the profile page as they can in Salesforce Classic. No longer users need to go to Salesforce Classic to update their name, title, photo, address.
- Add and Remove Files When Editing Posts
We can add/remove the attachments when editing posts. This feature helps us to remove the file accidentally attached, add some more and fix the typos.
- Improved Look and Feel for Compact Feed
In community builder, the Show Views option in the Feed Compact property editor lets us show or hide view counts for questions are posted.
- Share, Revise, and Publish Formatted Code Snippets
In community, now there is a way to share and talk about code in community feed. Code snippet lets developers add code samples with Syntax highlighting in the publisher’s rich text editor. Code snippets are available in communities based on Napili template.
To enable this feature, there are two ways.
- Profiles – In General user Permissions section, ‘Enable Allow Inclusion of Code Snippets from UI’.
- Permission sets– create permission set and in General user Permissions section, ‘enable Allow Inclusion of Code Snippets from UI’. Add this permission set to the user.
This article describes the Summer ’16 release features in Chatter and Files in community templates.
To know other release feature and for more information, please refer the below links: